Friday, June 17, 2005

Art, defined.

One more final and I'm through with that bitch for the rest of the summer. I am going to be so incredibly drunk by 8:30 tonight. It's definitely going to be one of those shameless pissing in the middle of the street kind of nights. Wish me luck.



Went to some piece of shit artshow with the Tapeworm to get a bag and there was no fucking art there, just some canvas with a bunch of scribbles all over it. I'm not even being a bitch, it was seriously scribbles like someone had written their name about 400 times in the same spot and hung a $50 price tag on it. There was a kickass bed that stood on huge steel spikes and I wanted it but I think it would probably fuck my carpet up and I don't know how I would get it in here.
Oh yeah, I'm poor too.

3 comments:

jane said...

is that a picture of you throwing up? thats what it loos like. i hope its not art. cuz it looks like throw up. i'm praying its not a painting you did, cuz then i've really offended you & i'm sorry if i have. if its your throw up you've offended me & i will probably throw up myself. and that brings to mind another story....lol, seriously tho.

carrie said...

heh. no, that's not me, but it is puke. It's not my puke, but hopefully that won't deter someone else from being offended by it, or I definitely will be offended, damnit.

Let's face the facts: this is blogfart; eventually, everyone gets offended :p

as to whether it can be considered art, there have been naysayers. does it look better than the artshow displays did? arguable.

to fully understand and appreciate this post, first of all, you'd have to be me :)
secondly, you'd have to go digging in my february archives to find this post.
It all comes together when you read this charming review.
And just because I'm not one to "take it in stride", a few more tidbits can be found here and here.

Tickles_Tapeworm said...

She's lying; we've got a million pictures of her like that. She's earned the nickname "Drunk and laying in her own puke Carrie". And she lives up to it all the time.