Tuesday, September 19, 2006

monotony monogamy

"show me the most beautiful girl in the world, and I'll show you a guy who's tired of sleeping with her

rather crass, i think, but true. not just for men, but for women too. and it's not just that we tire of each other, we keep getting interested in the other items on the menu.

because let's face it, marriage is an unnatural state. the notion of staying intimate with one person for the rest of your life is akin to, say, being able to eat one kind of sandwich for the rest of your life. imagine that? tell me you wouldn't be leaning over the counter, looking at the day's special, wondering, 'wouldn't it be great if I could try that smoked turkey on rye?'" -dan cronin

6 comments:

Kevin said...

Well put.

KSHIPPYCHIC said...

I would love a turkey on rye... ok, well I already have the turkey, maybe some roast beef would be nice??? :)

Raymi Lauren said...

that's something ugly people say who can't convince one person to like them for long periods of time, people are not at all like sandwiches.

Pause said...

sounds like Carrie's getting hungry.

@bee said...

what about showing the most beautiful girl and a bunches of GUYS that tired to sleeping with her?? and Ooh I love Tuna salad sandwiches...!!Yum!!

Anonymous said...

Know what I could eat for the rest of my life?

Beef on Weck.