Friday, December 31, 2004

Undecided...

I tried out blogexplosion last night for the first time and I don't know how I feel about it yet.
It has it's good points, like a toggle for audio so I don't have to run into those blogs with shitty music anymore and perhaps best of all, all member blogs must be in English. Those are probably my biggest peeves about Blogger, and now I can avoid them.
However, I feel limited by the browsing style, "click number 379 to continue". I don't know why, I suppose it's the same as clicking "Next Blog" but it just doesn't feel right, man.

I had been browsing for several minutes when he decided to join BE and once he got started it was rather disappointing to see that he was looking at the same blogs I had seen in the last 15 minutes. I don't know what to think about that, I was hoping for a little more variety I guess.

I dont' know what the deal is with people striving to increase their traffic to the extent they do. "If you link to me, I will link to you", etc. If someone links to your blog and you check them out and decide you don't think their blog is too terribly special, don't find their views to be very amusing, or whatever, are you really going to clutter your page with thier URL? Funny.

I have been thinking of creating a template, but oh, so much work. I just learned xhtml last quarter and must say I found it to be quite tedious and unenjoyable, but it would be so nice to have a custom design. Hmmm...I think laziness wins today.