Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Holla Atcha Boi

Is that really an acceptable phrase?

I know some bloggers look disapprovingly upon those of us who see fit to forgo formality, writing and typing in the same way we speak, but...
does anyone actually talk like that??

It's baffling.

'Well', 'um' and 'like' suddenly pale in comparison.

Blogger Kostya thinks I am a total genius.

in my life i haven't yet met a person with perfect grammar and sentance structure. i mean isnt thats what is kind of cool in society that people thing,talk, and write differently. if everyone did that all the same it would be boring.

Lyke omg ya kno whatever lol

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 10:47:00 PM  
Blogger carrie thinks I am a total genius.

No, I don't find this sort of parlance cool at all.
I don't find well-written essays a bore and have in fact known a multitude of skilled litterateurs who exhibit no inability to use proper English.
What you have to say should sufficiently differentiate you from the masses.
Illiteracy is no way to showcase uniquity.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 3:49:00 AM  
Blogger Vladimir666 thinks I am a total genius.

Thats only because they think it is hella cool to be typing retarded shit. Know what I'm saying my nizzle?

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 4:26:00 AM  
Blogger Kostya thinks I am a total genius.

well i am sorry to shit on your banana split but people are morons. and they talk the way that they do. some may be articulate. and some make bob dylan sound clear and consise. thats the way it is

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 10:38:00 PM  
Blogger carrie thinks I am a total genius.

That was very insightful.

However, your pov conflicts with the intolerance theme we have adopted here at blogfart.



I don't know what you mean about Bob Dylan; the man is a poetic genius.
It's his voice that is less than honed. His writing is well above par.

Thursday, March 17, 2005 12:42:00 AM  
Blogger Allison thinks I am a total genius.

yeah so you crack me the FUCK up!

Thursday, March 17, 2005 1:03:00 AM  
Blogger Kostya thinks I am a total genius.

there is no question that Bob Dylan is a poetic genius. its just that in some ov his songs he mumbles and you cant understand a damn thing he is talking about.

i was talking about a coherency problem not his speach rythm. this is not grammar school people its the real world ........ next on Mtv2.

folowed by the fabulous life of I DONT GIVE A FLYING FUCK @ 7

and CRIBS the homeless edition @ 8

Thursday, March 17, 2005 8:32:00 AM  
Blogger Critical Darling thinks I am a total genius.

I think it's dangerous to encourage illiteracy. We're turning into a culture that identifies itself with illiteracy and materialism. If there isn't a standard format for the English language then how the fuck are you supposed to figure out what everyone is saying. We should all just adopt our own speaking habits and expect people to be able to communicate with us? Half the time I can't even understand that shit and the other half I don't bother because it strikes me as highly unintelligent--at some point the communicator has some responsibility to convey his/her message to the audience and this requires taking into consideration the audience itself. If you want to communicate specifically with retarded high-school students, then I see no problem with talking like one. If you desire actual respect, using real words might help.

Thursday, March 17, 2005 11:44:00 AM  
Blogger Ethereal Darkness thinks I am a total genius.

I completely agree, we need to stop this. It's that God damn rap music. It's making people retarded. It seems as everyone is listening to that shit. That nigger 50 cent sold 1 million records in one week. Our slow decline has turned into a complete fall. The end is nigh! Follow Etherealism and you shall thus find salvation!

Thursday, March 17, 2005 2:55:00 PM  
Blogger Rich Rosenthal II thinks I am a total genius.

I am particularly bothered my phrases like "n e 1" That profound laziness of thought just baffles me. Though I have a bad habit of us "em" instead of them when I'm blogging (as in "screw em") I like to put that down as a bit of the rural illinois dialect that crept into my speach pattern while I was living out that way.

Friday, March 18, 2005 3:13:00 AM  
Blogger carrie thinks I am a total genius.

Likewise, Alli.

Friday, March 18, 2005 10:08:00 PM  
Blogger carrie thinks I am a total genius.

Critical Darling- Precisely. There's nothing left to be said.


Rich- You are SO right! Why do people type like they're customizing a license plate??
I think I probably write 'um' or 'uh' more than I say actually say them. But somehow I have deluded myself into believing that it's far from phonetic spelling and abbreviations (or whatever you might call the letter number combinations).

Friday, March 18, 2005 10:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker


to request removal of your copyrighted image please contact me via email.