100 Things Carrie
What can I say? I felt left out...
1. I am addicted to rigorous exercise.
2. I hate sports.
3. I LOVE lentils.
4. I am afraid of the dark. Still.
5. I hate Sundays.
6. I was born on a Tuesday.
7. I love Jamba Juice. My current favorite is Orange Berry Blitz.
8. The Stranger (a local paper) put out an article about me once.
9. I've been arrested at least a dozen times.
10. I had my mother arrested once.
11. She never lets me forget it.
12. I can't drive. I've tried twice and I suck.
13. I hate coffee.
14. I used to work as a barista.
15. My parents kicked me out for the first time when I was 15.
16. It was (mostly) over a boy.
17. I HATE wearing shorts. I wish other people wouldn't do it either.
18. I won't throw my old magazines out (or anything else for that matter). It's kind of a problem.
19. I tried to break a SoBe tea bottle over a guy's head. About 15 times.
20. I actually didn't get arrested for that. And his dad made fun of him for getting his ass kicked.
21. When I was 14 I climbed in through my vacationing grandparent's window to steal some liquor.
22. I got busted. It sucked (the liquor and getting in trouble).
23. I got two gay boys kicked out of their two different houses in the same 24 hours.
24. I got stuck in an hospital elevator with my grandmother for 5 hours once.
25. I think about it every time I ride one.
26. I was adopted.
27. I hate spinach.
28. At 15, I hitchhiked to Portland for no reason.
29. It annoys me that my boyfriend NEVER turns his computer off.
30. I annoy him CONSTANTLY.
31. I'm rather financially irresponsible.
32. I've (gasp!) never watched the original Star Wars Trilogy.
33. I hate children. ALL children. I get high, folks. They TOTALLY kill my buzz.
34. I was potty-trained with a Michael Jackson record. I got to play it every time I "went". --Why am I telling you this?
35. I don't like wearing makeup. Anymore. Only benetint.
36. I love pecan (er, all) pie.
37. 3 years later, and I am still pretty sore about Ben & Jerry "offing" Wavy Gravy.
38. I went crazy (clinically termed psychosis) Thursday, January 28 1999. It lasted months and gradually "wore off".
39. It completely changed me.
40. I love tent camping.
41. I'm afraid of boats, especially little ones.
42. I really hate Sex and the City.
43. But I've never watched it. Not even for a minute.
44. My favorite thing to eat is Moqueca de Peixe; A Bahian-style fish stew.
45. I couldn't live without my Römertopf.
46. I like chunky peanut butter. More than a little.
47. I can't ever remember to bring my bread punch card to the Great Harvest. I have like 47 cards with 3 or 4 stamps on 'em. They owe me a lot of free loaves.
48. My mom STABBED ME WITH A FORK once. I bled. We were eating dinner and I had a friend over. --And I want you to know that I don't piss my time away drawing pictures of BEING STABBED BY MY MOTHER for just anyone--I did that one EXCLUSIVELY FOR YOU GUYS.
49. Lillies are my favorite flowers.
50. I eat waaaaaay too much junk food. It's probably taking several years off of my life.
51. I got fired once for stealing garbage.
52. I hate talking on the phone.
53. I lived in the hood.
54. I HATE the name 'Jones'.
55. I once stayed up for 15 days. With a little help.
56. I'm a "Supervisor Guardian" according to the Kiersey Sorter.
57. Most of my home decor was bought at Archie McPhee.
58. I watch Dawson's Creek in the mornings. Shut up, I dig Pacey.
59. I want pretty much everything.
60. I'm scared to death of earthquakes.
61. I look forward to the Puyallup Fair all year long. Mostly because of funnel cake.
62. I never remember movies. I can seriously watch the same movie twice and not even know it. That might be drug related, I don't know.
63. No one ever sends me anything good, but I still look forward to checking the mail everyday.
64. Yellow is my favorite color.
65. I puked all over a guy's room playing Kings (it's kinda funny because he's a total jackass). I "lost"; had to slam 8 bottles of Sunfest, some summer brew from Pyramid. Should've cheated; 20 minutes later I got the spins and spewed everywhere.
66. I puked at one of Tickles' friend's houses. Not pretty. Drank A LOT of Butterscotch Martinis before I showed up. They wanted to watch the fucking Hobbit cartoon movie (FUCKING HATE THAT SHIT). Oops. Yakked all over the den. Made an ass of myself. note: I don't know if it was completely due to this incident, but it took a LONG ASS TIME for that guy to decide I was (undeniably) cool again--but now he knows.
67. I saw a girl eat dog puke while I was on mushrooms. I wasn't hallucinating that.
68. Tickles is in complete denial, but I'm pretty sure Metal is just another word for Butt Rock.
69. If there is such a thing as "will power", I have it in abundance. I can be incredibly stubborn.
70. I HATE "new" music.
71. At 17, I worked in a theatre for a short period. During that time, I consumed a truly shameful amount of butter-flavored topping.
72. I crave spaghetti more often than any other food.
73. I hate math and I work in finance.
74. Tickles and I can't share food at all. I love tomatoes; He can't stand them. I want artichokes, feta and sunflower seeds on the pizza, but he thinks there's only 2 kinds of pizza; pepperoni and without pepperoni. I LOVE onions and he won't eat them (but we both agree the green ones are icky). He loves macaroni and cheese and I think that shit belongs at the food bank...we pretty much live off of Jamba Juice.
75. This is my 4th year on the SELF Challenge. I still haven't won anything. Damnit.
76. I'm just as mean in real life as I am on the internet :) Maybe meaner.
77. Dooce is my hero. She ROCKS!
78. I love my little piglet.
79. I'm #1 Billie Holiday fan on Audioscrobbler.
80. I have inspired at least one person to visit RichArt!
81. My "pet peeve" is hair around the bathtub drain. And I face it almost daily.
82. Tickles and I once shared an 400sq. ft. apartment (with enough furnishings for a small house) for a little over a year. That's about the size of a bedroom.
83. I've had more than one guy go gay on me. It's my curse; gay guys always want to give it one last go...with me. I seriously need to develop some sort of "gaydar" (or move out of Seattle!).
84. I eat with my fingers (which led to #48).
85. I got a little girl to flip me off yesterday. And Tickles saw it. I ROCK!
86. I like miniature stuff. Like the 1/8oz. bottles of Tabasco I got on a train. And the 2.25oz. bottle of Heinz Ketchup I pocketed at brunch one morning. I'll never use it, but I like to have it around.
87. I ate maggots once. Not intentionally.
88. I had no hair when I met my boyfriend.
89. I'm crazy about shamrock shakes from McDonald's (I don't even want to think about what it's made from).
90. When I was like 10, I spilled a shamrock shake on the patio at McDonald's and before I could come back to clean it up, some boy slipped in it and got his clothes all messy. He poured Chicken McNugget honey in my hair. That wasn't very cool of him.
91. I can't stand when Rachael Ray (from Food Network) says, "E.V.O.O." instead of extra virgin olive oil. And her dumbass laugh, too.
92. I dig Boca.
93. I "made" a vegetarian eat a chicken sandwich (with cheese!) once (I say "made" because SHE ORDERED IT and then BLAMED ME for not telling her it contained chicken). She ate half the damn sandwich before she stopped to ask me what the "white stuff" was. Her "life partner" got all pissy with me and the vagitarian puked and cried.
94. I've had Juella, my Eastern Rosella, since I was nine years old.
95. I got gassed at the WTO protest in Seattle in '99. That shit burned my lungs.
96. When I was like 7, I gave my grandma a list of her stuff I wanted when she died.
97. I got really pissed and threw a guys stuff off of my roof once (#53 makes it all okay). It was quite satisfying.
98. I am suffering through "Transformers The Movie" right now (anyone who's heard the soundtrack knows what I'm talking about). If that isn't love, it'll have to do.
99. I was homeless at age 15 for about 9 months. As a result, I am extremely independent and self-reliant.
100. If I had to describe myself in a word, It'd have to be arrogant. I think anyone who knows me would agree with that.