Friday, April 08, 2005

Two days 'til there's 5 days 'til there's 2 more days again

Today marks the end of the first week of Spring Quarter. So far the degree of suckage is unsurpassable.
Why so shitty, you say?
I'll tell you why; MY INSTRUCTOR IS A DICK.

In a matter of 2 emails, this man has managed to PISS ME THE FUCK OFF with what I can only identify as sarcasm.

I registered for another distance (online) course. I took an IT distance class in Fall 2004 and am somewhat enthusiastic about this method of learning. Online classes offer a lot of flexibility which is great when you have a lot going on.

I was to write an email introducing myself to the instructor and send a picture to be uploaded to our class website. He was in turn supposed to send a password for me to upload a biography to accompany the picture.

I sent the intro, letting him know the biography was complete and I was ready to post it.
He sent the password and I went to post my profile, but was prompted for a user name.
In my previous online course, the user was my student id#. I tried to log in with it and failed. So I tried my name. After several unsuccessful tries, I emailed him back thanking him for the password and explaining that I didn't have my user name.

His reply to me was this:


Carrie
Please read the first page of the class website.......it says the user name is **** and then use your password. When in doubt follow directions.




Hmmm... Call me sensitive *snicker*, but WHAT THE FUCK DID HE JUST SAY?!!
"When in doubt follow directions." My eyes must be deceiving me; I am sure this little prick didn't just make a jab. Does he know who he's dealing with?!?!

So of course, I go back to the home page, sure enough, it's there and I can immediately tell why I missed it-- The font does not work against the background and this man obviously has no concept of web design.

I had to sit back and let the steam escape. No such luck; I was hot as hell.

Under normal circumstances I would have given it to him straight and sent him away crying like the little bitch that he is, but this is not blogger.
I've got 5 credits to earn here and being right isn't going to net me a degree.

So I did my best. I hit reply and quipped:

Indeed, it does; thank you for pointing that out to me. My biography has been uploaded.

Thank you



And wouldn't you know this fucker sees fit to retort:


Great.....


ASSHOLE!!

I can already tell this is going to be a pleasant experience.

**note to self: Never register for online classes unless you have reason to believe the instructor will be even remotely aware of "Netiquette" or at least the "Interpersonal Gap" and that it's probably best to make an effort to close it (the gap) rather than expand it by making snide and condescending remarks.

*sigh* Just 10 weeks to go...

1 comment:

Rich Rosenthal II said...

I need to try the online course thing. Being in a classroom and having to listen to whniey students go on and on about what they "think" something means makes me want to vomit. I suppose they do that in the online format but then all one needs to do is skip their post