Tuesday, June 28, 2005

did a bit of drinking camping off cooper river

New photo album on my webshots page.

Here's a little preview (click on an image for larger view):



Not as many pictures as I expected to get; I forgot my spare batteries and the ones I had died pretty quickly.

...all the more reason to go back next weekend :)

a mole tried dig out of the ground right underneath my bed and when I walked on the floor of the tent I could feel "mole tunnels" er whatever.
I was not impressed.
Tickles got lots of mosquito bites and I don't have any. I swam and got sunburned. spent most of the weekend sitting in the river. drank lots of fat tire. The Tapeworm and I tried to see how many 'smores it would take us before we puked but we both gave up at 3.

I got rather well acquainted with my dutch oven over the weekend. Made some kickass chili and baked cornbread (!) and it [cornbread] all came out in one piece and was only a little black on the bottom! So proud...

I made some berry cobbler and ate like half of it. Dutch ovens pretty much rock and I think it sucks that I can't use it at my apartment.

3 comments:

jane said...

wow carrie! that is so beautiful. i bet you didnt even want to leave. and yes, i agree, it is a GOOD reason to go back!! we're going back to the sierra in july. if i can figure out how to get my pictures onto here, i will share them.
i'm sorry that i dropped the ball & didnt get camping recipes for you. i completely didnt pay attention to when you were leaving. i'm glad you got home safely!! cant wait to hear about your trip.

Sera Strawbridge said...

Awesome pics! Looks like you had a great time ;) I'm glad!

Ethereal Darkness said...

Awww, why didn't you use my wonderful recipe? Too much bliss for one sitting? I understand.