Saturday, February 25, 2006

I have a feeling my grades are about to tank

I loved (the idea of) battle of the blogs but it was pretty much a disaster from go. the same 5 housewives sat in there all day fixing battles and voting for people based on how much they paid for their webdiva template. and while they do look nice, a pretty picture does not a blogger make.
and it got old. damn old.

no one was really having fun anymore and people were actually getting kicked out for reporting cheating and complaining about it.

I honestly couldn't care less about empty blog traffic, but I liked playing the games damnit. all of the other blog traffic services are carbon copies of each other that don't offer anything but surfing and can't even manage to distribute traffic; the ONLY thing they claim to do. 500 credits shouldn't last a month. and theres just no way in hell I'm going to sit here and click to watch the same 10 blogs rotate.

...but I will cage fight :D

theres finally a place for those of us who liked to pit ourselves against each other without turning everything into a popularity contest.. no more people IM'ing me to vote for them (!!) no more mommy blog domination. and (hopefully) no more WHINING. oh, and get exposure for your blog too :p

plus you can transfer credits to other people, rate blogs on varb, upload your pics to create custom puzzles and put together puzzles made by other bloggers. theres actually a ton of shit to do at blogmad. its quality surfing and has made quite the bump in my visitors as well. I'm way impressed. I spent at least 3 hours there today for their trial launch and still didn't see everything!
(..or get any homework done)

its currently 'invite only' but all you gotta do is ask for one. and if you had signed up back in the day when they first started taking members, you're already in.

also I found a whole community dedicated to hating rachael ray.

thats actually not part of blogmad.
but it should be.

I never realized how important boobs are for women until I saw one who didn't have any.

I hope the effing olympics are about over. oprah at 3 isnt really working out.

10 comments:

Nicole said...

Especially considering how LAME the winter olympics were this time around. Battle of the Losers would have been a much more appropriate name.

I haven't visited blogmad since I first signed up ages ago. I have the feeling that I'm too lazy to keep up with all the goings-on there. But I'll try my best not to be. :)

Anonymous said...

yea i signed up for blogmad waaaayy when it first started and if not for your post there is no way in hell i would have remembered. and yes most of the traffics sites are clones of each other. one just waits for another to think of an idea then the next day they all magically have these features they tell us we can't live without. screw'em all i say

Morris said...

I took a huge break from BE, but I find its an excellent source to find new people to mock so I went back. Afterall I found your site through BE, so it must have been good at some point.

mojotek said...

While BE sucks, it doesn't suck as much as the other clones... and I can't say I didn't find a few good blogs using it. But the crap I had to sift through to find them was attrocious.

Anonymous said...

Nothing insightful to report.

Just being supportive.

Jen said...

I actually like Rachael Ray [cringes]. Please don't hate me. She makes some damn good food.

Will check out Blogmad. Thanks for thhe recommendation.

dan said...

Finally! Someone to back me up.

I was telling my buddy that there was something wrong with her proportions while watching food network.

Wait a second. Why were my buddy and I watching Food Network?

Janet said...

It's just a hunch, but I think the Rachel Ray haters are going to grow once more people know all about her and her E-V-O-O.

carrie said...

nicole- this is like the first time I ever even watched like 5 mins of the shit and I just HAD to tune in right in the middle of cross country skiing. I thought that was like the warm up track for real skiing or something but no. they just suck.

morris and mojotek- well I took a permanent break from BE. there was a time when BE was a decent place to hang out but that time is long over. the last straw for me was when they started to delete accounts based on the content of their blogs. and from what I hear all this overbearing prohibition is beginning to bite them in the ass.

thomas - thank you :)

jen- HAHAHA!! yeah actually I'm somehting of a hypocrite here cos I totally watch her show. but I bitch the whole way thru it. every retarded chuckle, every instance of E.V.O.O. she is so annoying.
but yes. if rachel was cooking I'd eat.

dan- yeah!! and giada delaurentis' head is taking over the world. I can't decide if its that her head is ginormous or if its her little malnourished body that makes her look so deformed.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I came across your site a few times on BlogMad and I thought I'd finally stop by and say hello. Love your blog. It's great. I even added it to my blogroll already. :)

I just started blogging this year so I'm fairly new to the surf sites. So far I like BE for the traffic it's brought me, but that's about it. I agree with you on the Battle of the blog wars ... it's always the same people winning and their sites aren't that great. Sometimes they go into battle with old posts, that I'm sure everyone has already seen while they've been surfing for darn credits.

So far blogmad seems like a pretty good site. I've received a lot of new traffic from it this week, and more comments on my blogs. Also, when you are surfing sometimes you win big. I think I've won 200 credits twice now. That's a pretty big prize. I like it. :)

Take care, and keep posting- I'll be back!