Sunday, February 19, 2006

who gives a fuck what you think?

heh.. me

you don't have to be a long-time reader to participate, so long as you have gotten a general impression of me through my blog or comments I've made.

I would appreciate your honest opinion rather than your attempts at humor, but I'll take what feedback I can get and promise not to track you down and kill you for disagreeing with me.


click on the links below and choose 5 or 6 words you think best describe me. good AND bad :D

johari window         nohari window


This tool allows me to see which qualities others perceive in me, and which ones are merely my own imagination. This is a tool for self-improvement.



interpreting the window:

Terms selected by both the participant and their peers are placed into the Arena quadrant, representing the fact that everyone involved knows these particular pieces of information about the participant individual; they have been openly communicated.

Terms selected only by the participant, but not by any of their peers, are placed into the Façade quadrant, representing information about the participant of which their peers are unaware. The choice is then up to the participant whether or not to self-disclose this set of information.

Terms that are not selected by the participant but only by their peers are placed into the Blind Spot quadrant. These represent information of which the participant is not aware, but others are, and they can decide whether and how to inform the individual about these "blind spots".

Terms which were not selected by either the participant or their peers remain in the Unknown quadrant, representing the participant's behaviors or motives which were not recognized by anyone participating. This may be because they do not apply, or because there is collective ignorance of the existence of that trait.

I nicked this from omnamaste.

11 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow, this was a hardy. Especially that "nohari" window because none of the terms really FIT so I kinda did the best I could on that one.

Please don't hate me!!! :0

dan said...

oooh, I've never seen the Nohari window, but everyone's doing the Johari one... hehehe.

I'm so stealing the link.

Anonymous said...

Not a whole lot to choose from... found a distinct lack of words like "musty", "pineapple shaped", "alien" and "capable of being accurately described in 8-10 words".

Especially that last one.

Pause said...

Interesting Carrie there was no "rocks" to choose but otherwise it was cool.

Anonymous said...

God Carrie , how do you exspect an intellectually challenged person like myself ( not to mention a non speller)to be able to figure out those complex instructions of yours ?Suffice to say I find your brillence blinding, your witt sharp as a blade, and your humor outrageously hysterical. I have spread the word of your blog far and wide .Can't wait for more Syd.

TEN33GIRL said...

wow.. that was tough to do based on knowing someone only from a blog. Did my best. Love your blog.

Gary said...

This is my first time on your blog. I just want to say that I like it a lot.

Danielle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Danielle said...

*a

Shy said...

I used this as a tool while teaching The Scarlet Letter. Not all of the kids got it though....not too good at predicting stuff.
ok, now time to read what you wrote about it.

Anonymous said...

I like this one... I have done it plenty of times. The weird one is that all of the times i´ve done it, i´ve done it on some "seek job course" that our swedish employment office so despretly wants all of the unemployees to go to. Now I am happily employed, but i cant say it is because of the window... =)

Still dig your opinions, yes. Self improvement is something we all must strive for, always...

Bye