Saturday, February 05, 2005

A Spoonful of Sugar....

For more than a year I have suffered and gone without, but no more. It is here in all of it's glory and I am completely overwhelmed by it's vastity.
All I can say is, "Sweet cable, I have missed you dearly and I will never again take our love for granted."
And I mean that. If the phone has to be shut off, so be it.

Things have been, well, fucking lame lately.
I'm extra poor right now because that bastard ass job of mine won't let me come back to work until the fucking doctor gives them a slip to say 'Carrie can sit now'.
For the last six and a half weeks I have been gimping around in crippling back pain. I got some steroids and pain killers about a week ago (which I am done with now) and feel hell of a lot better now actually. At least I can walk now, and that's something to smile about.
I am just trying to get back to work so I can get some damn money. Forced onto UNPAID LEAVE! I should quit if I wasn't so unprepared! I am having a bitch of a time getting this release because they think I have some herniated disc (that sounds so ugly) but haven't done any diagnostics and I have seen 4 of them now. ugh.
Meanwhile I am going broke.

Ask Me About a Fabulous Career in Bitching

Which made it totally obvious. I needed to get cable. I mean I have cable internet, but I'm not supposed to be sitting (guess what I'm doing right now...oops) so what the hell am I gonna do, of course I need to be watching tv damn it.
And I'm not weird, I have nothing at all against subjecting my fragile mind to endless advertisement and trash, I'm just cheap. Those bastards want like $70 for that shit stream I love so whole-heartedly.
What the fuck.
Under 'normal' circumstances I am a full time student working 25-30 hours a week. I bet you can imagine how much time I have to piss away watching Drew Carey re-runs. So there's no way in hell I was gonna pay them for shit I wasn't going to get much use of.

But I've got plenty of time now. And I intend to make gluttonous use of it.