Tuesday, January 11, 2005

I Loathe, I mean Love My Job!

Like the dumbass that I truly am, I manage to come back to work just in time for quarterly performance reviews. It seems we have changed our review policy and now we rate ourselves in various aspects of our positions. I knew from the start this was to be a joke. What, am I gonna give myself poor scores? Sure.
So of course I am outstanding, one of the company's finest. I believe I rated myself within the top 3%.
I was right, the joke is they wanted to compare figures. Our numbers differed ever so slightly. (I won't go into the reasons why this is a dead end job where I am underappreciated and retaliated against, that's another fun day, folks.)

But it seems there could be a light at the end of my tunnel of doom, for I received an email today and it reads:


Good Afternoon,

I found your resume on Monster and I am very interested in speaking with you further. I am recruiting for a large mortgage company in Bellevue and your skill set looks perfect for their Loan set up position. Please call me at your earliest convenience. My number is
(I cut that part out, silly).

I look forward to hearing from you.


Nice Lady
Senior Account Manager
Nice Company
Nice phone number
Nice email address
Nice company url


Really nice. Perhaps putting that resume on monster wasn't the stupidest thing I ever did. I would love nothing more in this world than to have a new job! And let me tell you, this job will pay far more than the peanuts I make now. I am not sure what a loan set up position is really, but it sounds better than what I've got going.

But Bellevue?? Ugh, that is so far for me to go to work every friggin' day... For those of you "non-Seattleites" out there, that means sitting on some horribly old and frightening floating bridge for like 45 minutes in bumper to bumper traffic and that's 45 minutes each way! I hate Bellevue and every mortgage company is based in Bellevue. Damn it! I guess I forgot to mention I don't drive either...(I know, I'm such a loser!) but hey, I'm one less car on the road and who couldn't be thankful for that??

There's one more thing--I know my resume says I am a full-time student, part-time worker but if you read my last post, you know my shameful secret and I don't know what to say in this situation when school is brought up and I have to tell them I've taken the quarter off. I mean I don't want to tell them I am having "health issues", if you can call it that, that sounds so...well, not good. I don't want to seem flaky for having put my education on hold for some other reason though. Hmmm....




No comments: