Sunday, July 24, 2005

yes thats the space needle

can you believe people actually pay $13 just to ride an elevator? me neither. and its not just one or two of em. idiots go up there all day long. I've lived in Seattle all my life and I have never gone up there. WHY? I went to the seattle center today for the first time since the office christmas party when they bought us all passes to the emp but we posted up in the lounge and got trashed instead. that was a lot more fun than than I had today at the bite. it was so jammed up, I seriously couldn't push through the waves of people. exhausting. and there was waaaay the fuck too many fools in line for the funnel cakes (but they were soooo worth every minute of the wait). sadly, tempero wasn't there this year and without moqueca, it's just not worth wading the crowd. we managed to get a seat for the bus ride home but the driver kept picking up people when there was no more standing room left and some guy sitting behind us was trying to get bitches to sit on his lap and then the driver freaked out and yelled "everybody off the bus!" and nobody listened and he got punked by a 14 year old boy who said, "just shut the fuck up and drive." which is exactly what he did.

4 comments:

carrie said...

hehehh. NO. yer paying $13 to ride an elevator. the view is free from many other places in the city.

The Prynce said...

I have a similar but more Southern thing going on with me.

Anyone heard of South of the Border? If you've ever been on I-95 at all, odds are you have. Well, that's in my town. People who aren't from near here are always like "Why aren't you there 24/7?!"
The last time I went there was to freakin' eat. At most places there, you can get an 8oz hotdog (it's like if a foot long was pregnate with tripletts) and Blenheim Ginger Ale (not too well-known to anyone who's never tried it but it's a really HOT ginger ale that Penn of Penn and Teller LOVES, as do I. :)) but that's about the only reason I ever go there at all. There are some cool or at least interesting shops there such as The African Shop and The Dirty Old Man Shoppe but little else.

When I go there I see people all over the huge animal statues and gazing in awe of the 200 foot tall sumbrerro that you can ride to the top where there's an observation deck. I've been up there a few times but its mostly out of boredom.
You can see for miles upon miles but most of it is either I-95, the rest of SOB, or the SC/NC country-side.

Ok, I'm done. lol. Just thought it was a somewhat relevant story/situation.

-=The Prynce

carrie said...

dude...what the fuck. is that a mexican theme park?!?! thats the weirdest thing I've ever seen. I almost wanna go there.
the only gingerale I like is canada dry. I tried some fancy shit one time and I was like oh hell no, that burns.

The Prynce said...

I wish I could say otherwise but yeah... That's exactly what it is. lol.

And the way it came into being is even more crappy. Back in the day, NC was a dry state but SC wasn't so some ingenius dude named Allen Schaffer opened up a beer stand just south of the NC border (hence the name).
So dude started adding more and more shit and eventually it became the amazing tourist trap that it is now. Seriously... If you're on I-95 anywhere South and from as far North as Pennsylvainia, you'll see the billboards.
So now it's filled with tons of Mexican themed rides, resturants, shops, giant fake animals (including a 2 story tall gorilla), a giant spark plug (its at a gas station just sitting there in the ground... It's like 8 ft tall.), Pedro statues and signs, etc. There's even a Mexican-style drug store called El Drug Store but sadly, it isn't authentic... *ahem!* ;) But I did buy some high quality bootleg movies from a guy there once at like 3AM lol.
And oddly enough, there's an African shop. It's my personal favourite as a pagan but I'm not sure what the fuck it has to do with Mexico.

It doesn't even make sense to me, honestly. But its the only reason my county's not the lowest in the state in unemployment, I'm sure. lol,

Blenheim is probably considered 'fancy' anywhere but in SC. Its a bit of a delacasy(SP>) anywhere else as it's pretty rare. It comes only in glass bottles (which I have a nice collection of, lol). Hell, it could have been what you were drinking! I just found out that there are actually at least two places in Seattle that sell it.

-=The Prynce